Graduate Awards & Scholarships

As a graduate student at Temple, you may apply for university funding, external scholarships and federal financial aid options to help fund your degree. Your eligibility for these scholarships will be determined by the Office of Admissions and the Student Financial Services.

The National Health Service Corps Scholarship and the Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship are service-based programs. They cover the cost of dental education and provide a living allowance in exchange for a specific number of years of service after graduation. Learn more about the National Health Service Corps.

Kornberg School of Dentistry Federally Funded Scholarships

The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP) allows students to borrow funds directly from the U.S. Department of Education to help finance their dental school expenses. Both subsidized and unsubsidized direct loans are available. Apply at

The Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loan is additional funding often used to supplement the direct student loan. It may be used to assist with living expenses and other costs. Please contact Student Financial Services at or 215-707-2667 for more information about these federal loan opportunities.


For additional information about all available scholarships and awards for graduate programs within the Kornberg School of Dentistry, contact

Theresa White, the director of graduate programs.
Phone: 215-707-3305

You can also contact the Office of Graduate Education in the Kornberg School of Dentistry for more information.

Federal Financial Aid

Federal Stafford Loans

Applying for federal Stafford loans requires completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). At Temple University, unsubsidized Stafford loans are available to full-time graduate students up to a maximum amount of $20,500 annually.

Federal Work-study

Eligibility for the Federal Work-study Program is based on the applicant’s need as determined by the information on the applicant’s FAFSA. In addition, students must be enrolled at least half time and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Students are paid biweekly for hours worked.

Learn about aid, scholarship and work-study options at Student Financial Services and find information on costs, aid and more for graduate students.

Graduate Health Insurance

Full-time graduate students who are academic interns, graduate externs, research assistants and teaching assistants all earn health insurance benefits. Fellowship recipients receive similar benefits. Learn more about Temple’s health insurance options.