Labs & Research
As a graduate student, you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in research areas including
- acoustics metamaterials and sensors applications,
- advanced materials for energy applications,
- design and mechanics of soft materials,
- dynamic robotics and controls,
- nanosynthesis and manufacturing,
- smart materials and composites and
- thermal and fluid mechanics.
A range of industry players and state and federal government agencies have funded faculty research through grants, such as
- the American Heart Association,
- the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
- National Institutes of Health,
- the National Science Foundation,
- the U.S. Department of Defense and
- the U.S. Department of Energy.