The Health Policy PhD program encourages interdisciplinary study, involving research across the College of Public Health and Temple University. In the Department of Health Services Administration and Policy, faculty research issues include
- community health, prevention and emergency preparedness;
- the development of health policies affecting areas such as mental health, obesity, substance abuse, tobacco use and violence;
- disparities, access to care and social determinants of health;
- global healthcare management and leadership;
- impacts of health information technologies; and
- the patient experience and quality of care, population health, and healthcare costs and financing.
Students also can get involved with other programs in which Health Policy faculty participate, including