Temple University Undergraduate Bulletin
Site Map | Bulletin Home | Temple University

College of education

General Information
Academic Advising
Academic Policies & Regulations
College Graduation Requirements
Student Contact Information

ProgramS Of Study

Adult and Organizational Development
Business, Computer, and Information Technology Education
Industrial Education
Certificate, Career & Technical Education--Cooperative Education
Certificate, Career & Technical Education--Career & Technical Education
Marketing Education
Early Childhood-Elementary Education (PreK-4)
Middle Grades Education
Mathematics & Language Arts
Mathematics & Science
Science & Language Arts
Secondary Education
World Languages
Social Studies

other useful links

Temple Policies
Course Descriptions
Course Schedule
Admissions Application
Student Life
Archived Bulletins
PDF Version
  Academic Programs / Education

Academic Advising Information

Undergraduate Academic and Student Affairs



The Undergraduate Academic and Student Affairs in the College of Education helps students plan curricula, choose majors, make vocational and post-graduate plans, and resolve a variety of academic matters. Services are provided by a staff of full-time professional advisors. The department informs students about the results of placement testing and assignment into corresponding courses. The department also monitors academic progress, candidacy approval, and graduation clearance. Through individual appointments and group workshops, the department offers the following services:

  • New Student and Transfer Orientations
  • Advising and registration assistance for all students in the College of Education. Students enrolled in the University Honors Program also receive advising in the Honors Program Office in Tuttleman Learning Center, Suite 201.
  • It is strongly recommended that students consult with an advisor prior to registration at least once a semester in order to stay on course for their anticipated graduation date.
  • Academic advising provides an opportunity for students to develop a meaningful education plan compatible with career and life goals. Students can also meet with advisors to discuss a variety of academic concerns and identify solutions. Students on academic probation or experiencing academic difficulty work with advisors to learn strategies for overcoming the obstacles to success.
  • Change of Program - Advising for students changing programs (majors) and moving into the College of Education from other schools and colleges within Temple. Students must attend a Change of Program workshop where they learn about collegial degree requirements, policies, and procedures. After this workshop, students can then schedule an appointment to meet individually with an advisor.
  • Approving special requests including: re-enrollment to the University; permission to take courses elsewhere; registration for overloads; Third Attempt registrations, etc.
  • Coordinate PLATO to assist students in completing the required Praxis II exams for teacher certification, disseminating information to students regarding PAPA and PECT test prep.
  • Candidacy applications
  • Graduation clearances for all undergraduate students
  • Assist with transfer articulations agreements with other institutions in consultation with the College of Education Faculty and Senior Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies office.

All academic advisors are trained to evaluate information carefully to give students the best possible advice. However, primary responsibility for course selection and degree completion rests with the student. Every student must be aware of the requirements of his or her degree and should collaborate with an advisor regularly to ensure timely completion of his or her program.


Non-Academic Grievances

Students may have grievances that are not academic in nature. Such grievances should be directed to other offices on campus, which may include the Office of the Dean of Students, the Equal Opportunity Compliance office, Campus Housing, and other units on campus. Students unsure as to where to proceed with a non-academic grievance should consult either with the Office of the Dean of Students or the college's Academic Advising Center.

, Temple University. All rights reserved. Site created by Computer Services