College of Education
College of Education - Main Page
ACADEMIC SPECIALIZATION (for Special Education)
All requirements for the Elementary Education program must be completed
and five s.h. of Student Teaching-Elementary 0271 (Student Teaching in
the Elementary School) must be in a Special Education placement. In addition,
the following courses must be completed (for students admitted prior to
July 1, 1999):
Special Education 23 s.h.
Note: A new sequence of courses for special education certification will
be required for students admitted after July 1, 1999. Students should contact
the Office of Student Services for specific details about these requirements.
- 0310 Learning Environments 3 s.h.
- 0311 Managing Learning Environments 3 s.h.
- 0312 Methods and Curriculum 3 s.h.
- 0321 Social, Emotional, and Physical
- Development 3 s.h.
- 0322 Cognition, Language, and Literacy 3 s.h.
- 0390 Practicum 3 s.h.
- 0391 Student Teaching in Special
- Education 5 s.h.
Return to menu.