Temple University provides several opportunities for high school students to live and learn on campus during the summer. Click on any of the programs below to learn more.
- Temple Summer Academy - Get a head start on your college career by earning academic credit and a Temple tuition grant through this four-week program. Students take one college-level course and one non-credit workshop over four weeks on Temple's Main Campus. Residential and non-residential options available. Students entering grades 11 and 12.
- Temple College 101 - Prepare for the college admissions process and learn about the resources you'll need to succeed in college through this two-week program. Students take a test prep workshop and a college-essay writing workshop, and meet with Temple University administrators in different areas to learn about admissions, choosing a major, and more. Residential and non-residential options available. Students entering grades 10, 11, and 12.
- Women in STEM - Solve real-world problems through an interdisciplinary STEM challenge, and take field trips to learn about future careers. You’ll meet female leaders in architecture, geography, urban studies, engineering, and more! Female students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12.
- Tyler School of Art Programs - Create inspiring works of art in the Tyler School of Art's world-class studios, and learn under the guidance of professional working artist-educators. Programs include Portfolio Boot Camp, Architecture Institute, Pre-College Summer Workshop, and more. Residential and non-residential options available. Students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (varies by program).
- Klein College High School Media Workshop - Tuition-free 2-week summer program designed to prepare the next generation of digitally and urban-trained journalists through hands-on training, field reporting, and experiential trips within Philadelphia. Students entering grades 11 and 12. Must live in and attend school in Philadelphia to be eligible.
- College of Engineering Programs - Explore the possibilities in bio, civil, environmental, electrical, and mechanical engineering through hands-on projects and workshops. Programs include Women's Engineering Explorations (WE2) and the Robotics Summer Program. Students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (varies by program).
- Boyer College of Music and Dance Programs - Develop your skills as a singer, songwriter, composer, or musician through a wide variety of summer programs. Programs include the Summer Songwriting Intensive, the Summer Dance Intensive, the Summer Music Theory Intensive, and more. Program eligibility depends on age and musical experience (varies by program).
- College of Science and Technology Programs - Investigate, discover, and experiment with summer programs for high school students in biology, chemistry, forensics, and more. Programs include the STEM-UP Leadership Experience, the Teen Research Initiative Program (TRIP), the Forensic Science Investigation (FSI). Students entering grades 8-12 (varies by program).
- School of Theater, Film, and Media Arts Programs - Learn how to tell stories through film from developing the initial story through the final edit. Programs include the Reel Girls: High School Film Workshop and the Summer Digital Filmmaking Intensive. Students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12 (varies by program).