Conwell Hall

Conwell Hall



Upcoming Deadlines

Monday, March 9

7-week Courses (7A) end

Monday, March 16

Last day to add or drop 7-week (7B) course

Wednesday, March 18

Last day to withdraw from a Full Term 16-week (1) course

Monday, April 6

Last day to withdraw from a 7-week (7B) course

Monday, April 27

Full Term 16-week Courses (1) and 7-week Courses (7B) end

Wednesday, April 29 - Tuesday, May 5

Final exams for Full Term 16-week Courses (1)

Full Calendar

Act 48

  • Act 48

    • In 1999, the Governor signed into law House Bill 8, now known as Act 48, which changed the requirements for maintaining an active Pennsylvania professional educator certificate.

Course Information

  • Add / Drop Policy
    • Students who de-register from classes by the end of the drop/add period defined on the academic calendar will have their courses dropped. There will be no academic responsibility.
    • Exam Schedule
      • All day and evening classes will have final examinations, according to the schedule linked below, in their regular classrooms. Students attending classes that meet for more than 2 hours on any given day should contact their Dean's Office to find out when, and where, their examinations will be held.
  • Course Description

Degree and Enrollment Verification

  • Degree and Enrollment Verification

    • Enrollment verification provides information regarding a student's enrollment status (full-time or part-time), dates of attendance, degrees sought or awarded, and program of study. This service is provided free of charge to students.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

  • Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

    • Temple University keeps educational records to facilitate the development of our students. Confidentiality of those records is maintained by the University according to federal law, The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974.

Graduation and Diploma Information

  • Apply for Graduation

    • Undergraduate: In the junior year of an undergraduate program, or when 80 semester hours have been completed, students should begin an ongoing graduation check with their academic advisors in order to determine that they are meeting the university, college, departmental, and program requirements for their degree and for graduation.
    • Graduate:Students can apply once they complete 12 semester hours and the appropriate GPA requirement.
  • Diploma Ordering

    • Approximately six to eight weeks after the date of degree conferral, diplomas are mailed to the permanent address listed in the Self-Service Banner (SSB). Addresses may be viewed and changed online through SSB.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

  • Grade Point Average (GPA)

    • A student's Grade Point Average (GPA) is the weighted average value of all grade points earned by enrollment in a course at Temple Univeristy.

Grading System

  • Grading System

    • Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Schools Grading Systems

Obtaining Grades

  • Obtaining Grades

    • Academic History for current students can be viewed from the Records Channel in Self Service Banner (SSB). Log onto TUportal and choose either Academic History (for all semesters attended) or Final Grades for a particular semester.

Pennsylvania Residency

  • Pennsylvania Residency

    • Under Pennsylvania state law, a student is classified either as a resident of Pennsylvania or a nonresident. The term "Pennsylvania resident" for tuition purposes may differ from other definitions of Pennsylvania residency.


Transcript Requests

  • Transcript Request

    • A transcript is the official statement of your academic history at the University and bears the seal and signature of the Registrar. It is printed on secure paper to prevent unauthorized alteration or duplication.

Update Your Information (Address Change and Name Change)

  • Address Change

    • Students may change their addresses or phone numbers in TUportal by selecting the "Student Tools" tab and then choosing "View Addresses and Phones" tab on the right, filling out the appropriate information.
  • Name Change

    • An official name change due to marriage, divorce, typographical/data entry errors must be made by providing a copy of a legal document which presents the new name.

VA Benefits

  • VA Benefits

    • All eligible veterans must apply for benefits through the Office of The University Registrar when they are admitted to the University and at the beginning of each subsequent semester.