Copyright 2019, Temple University. All rights reserved.
Virtual Career Management
The Temple University Career Center is available to support our students and employer partners virtually during this time of change.
Head to Handshake to schedule an appointment with a Career Coach, search for internships and jobs, or connect with employers. These appointments take place via Zoom or a phone call - be mindful of the medium you choose and the instructions you receive to connect with a coach.
- Appointments are available on a wide range of topics, ranging from creating professional documents, working on your online presence, and learning how to maximize your use of Handshake and LinkedIn. Appointments are also available to alumni within 5 years of graduation at the Career Center.
- You may also be able to take advantage of appointments with career staff in your college or school. Log into Handshake to learn more about availability.
Handshake has compiled a list of valuable articles and resources that students can utilize in their efforts to land a job or internship while operating in a virtual environment. Ranging from networking tips, advice on how to navigate Handshake more effectively, a virtual job interview guide, and much more, Handshake's page on getting hired remotely should be one of your go-to resources.
Visit our online resources page for a variety of free resources. All of these resources continue to be available to students after graduation, some may require maintaining an active AccessNet account.
- FOCUS 2 is an excellent resource for exploring career interests and academic programs at Temple. Be sure to complete all 5 assessments and bookmark careers and majors of interest.
- The Temple University Career Guide offers more than 20 resume samples and a wide range of advice to help you develop your professional skills.
- What Can I Do With This Major is a great way to explore possible industries, career paths, and ideas for future action.
- JobScan is a useful tool to help you better understand what employers are looking for in resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles. JobScan analyzes job postings and your documents, and gives you a customized report showing how strongly your documents match the job posting.
- The OwlNetwork is a powerful way to connect with the broader Temple Alumni community across the world. You can build your profile, identify the kind of help you need, and offer that same help to others.
Employers: We strongly encourage you to engage with Temple Owls virtually.
- Head to Handshake to: Post internships and jobs, create and promote virtual events and info sessions.
- Consult the Temple University Career Center's Virtual Internship Guidelines for employers.
- If you have any Temple University students currently, or soon to be employed by your organization, please be sure to update them on your operating status, guidelines, and start date changes if applicable.
- Employers posting new opportunities, including summer internships, are required to disclose their contingency plans for a remote environment.