About the Postbaccalaureate Program
Launched in 2008, the Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program at Temple University School of Medicine offers a unique and challenging program of study for candidates wishing to pursue a career in medicine.
The program offers two tracks of study:
Basic Core in Medical Sciences Program (BCMS) – “Career Changers”
- For candidates who have not taken the basic science courses required for admission.
- Rigorous full-time (34 credit hours) 12-month non-degree program.
- No more than 8 credits in Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Note: This does not include mathematics.
Advanced Core in Medical Sciences Program (ACMS) – “Career Enhancers”
- For candidates who completed TUSM’s premedical requirements and wish to enhance their academic background before medical school.
- Rigorous full-time (23 credit hours) 10-month non-degree program.