About The Institute on Disabilities
Institute Staff Directory
Who are we?
The Institute on Disabilities at Temple University is one of the sixty-seven University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service funded by the Administration on Developmental Disabilities, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
A society where all people are valued and respected, and where all people have the knowledge, opportunity and power to improve their lives and the lives of others.
The Institute on Disabilities at Temple University learns from and works with people with disabilities and their families in diverse communities across Pennsylvania to create and share knowledge, change systems and society, and promote self-determined lives so that disability is recognized as a natural part of the human experience.
The work of the Institute on Disabilities incorporates the following beliefs:
- All people have value and should be treated with respect.
- Everyone deserves the opportunity and support to lead a self-determined life in inclusive communities.
- We are all interdependent.
- Diversity drives, informs and enriches our work.
- Knowledge empowers people to make informed choices.
Annual Report 2016-2017
Read our federally-approved, 5-year plan , detailing our goals and objectives for the years 2017 through 2022.