Graduate School


The links to the forms below will be removed from this webpage on October 31, 2017. These documents are now accessible by logging into TUportal. Click on the appropriate "Tools" tab, whether student, staff, or faculty, and scroll to the bottom of the page to the University Forms channel in the center column. As of August 18, the Graduate School recommends that everyone begin accessing these forms through TUportal:


Advanced Standing Request

Announcement of Dissertation Oral Defense

Change in Dissertation Committee Request


Dissertation and Thesis Handbook Templates








Dissertation Proposal Transmittal for Elevation to Candidacy

Dissertation/Thesis Processing Fee Record

Excused Withdrawal Due to Serious Extenuating Circumstance — Accessible at

Extension of Time Request for Doctoral Degrees

Extension of Time Request for Master's Degrees

Final Examination Report for Doctoral Candidates

First Summers Research Initiative (FSRI) Award Application

Full-Time Status Request for INTERNATIONAL Students

Graduation Application


Deadlines for Academic Year 2016-2017

  • Fall 2016/December 2016 graduation: October 1, 2016
  • Spring 2017/May 2017 graduation: February 1, 2017
  • Summer 2017/August 2017 graduation: May 18, 2017

The graduation application is available using Self Service Banner (SSB). To access the application, go to TUportal and select Self Service Banner (SSB). When in SSB, select Student » Student Records » Apply to Graduate. Upon accessing the graduation application, verify that the correct degree and program are indicated. If the wrong degree or program is listed, STOP. Contact your advisor to submit a Graduate Change of Program Work Flow. When the Registrar confirms via email that the Change of Program has been completed, return to the SSB graduation application and submit.

Please note that individual schools and colleges may have additional filing requirements. Check with your Dean's Office to ensure that all graduation requirements have been satisfied.

Attention Graduates: The dissertation/thesis processing fee is additionally required. This $50 fee must be paid through the Bursar and applied to FOAPAL 100000 24800 4981 04; it cannot be paid online. (Use the Dissertation/Thesis Processing Fee Record.) A Treasurer's Receipt must then be presented to the school/college as proof of payment of the dissertation/thesis processing fee.


Leave of Absence Request

Non-Graduate Petition to Participate in Commencement Ceremonies

Other Employment Request

Permission to Reproduce Dissertation/Thesis

Petition for Reinstatement to a Graduate Degree Program

Preliminary Examination Report for Doctoral Candidates

Program of Study for Doctoral Students

Program of Study for Master's Students

Request to Exceed 9 Credits of Graduate Coursework for Certificate Program

Request to Take an Undergraduate Course for Graduate Credit

UPDATED FOR 2018: Student Application for Doctoral Dissertation/Master of Fine Arts Project Completion Grant

Transfer of Graduate Credit Request



Banner Forms — Accessible at

UPDATED FOR 2018: Departmental Nomination for Doctoral Dissertation/Master of Fine Arts Project Completion Grant

Exception Request

UPDATED FOR 2018-2019: Nomination for Presidential and Presidential Future Faculty Fellowships

UPDATED FOR 2018-2019: Nomination for Presidential and Presidential Future Faculty Fellowships: 5 Years of Funding for Research Doctoral Only

UPDATED FOR 2018-2019: Nomination for University and Future Faculty Fellowships

UPDATED FOR 2018-2019: Nomination for University and Future Faculty Fellowships [w/Waiver of Departmental Level Funding Support]

UPDATED WITH PRACTICE DISSERTATION CLASSIFICATION: Recommendation for Graduate Faculty Appointment



Agreement for Issuing an Incomplete Grade

Graduation Recommendation for Doctoral Candidates

Graduation Recommendation for Master's Candidates

Nomination for Service on Doctoral Committee