Labs & Research
The College of Science and Technology is not only committed to pursuing advanced research, but also to ensuring that scientific discoveries and new technology enter the marketplace to improve people’s lives.
The Biology Department works within a number of research centers and organizations to facilitate these goals.
- The Institute for Genomics and Evolutionary Medicine is a cross-disciplinary research institute that undertakes research in the fields of cancer evolution, disease evolution, genome sequencing, phylomedicine, population genetics, precision medicine, and protein evolution.
- The Center for Computational Genetics and Genomics fosters research and education on the use of computing technologies for the study of scientific questions in genetics and genomics.
- The Center for Biodiversity is involved in the research, education, and conservation of species.
- The Sbarro Health Research Organization, a center where researchers investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other illnesses in order to find cures.
- The Institute for Computational Molecular Science plays a central role in high-performance computing for research across the University.
- The Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology, where researchers conduct theoretical and experimental research into defining problems in structural biology, molecular recognition and the evolution of proteins.
Learn more about the College of Science and Technology’s research centers and institutes.