Fee: $60 for the online application.
Process: Submit an application via Temple’s online system. You must have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or its equivalent from an accredited institution to be considered for admission.
- Recommendations: Submit two letters of recommendation from who can speak to your academic competence and professional skills and your aptitude for graduate study. Evaluators must use the official Reference Report for Graduate Study form (PDF). References may be submitted as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Goals statement: Write a well-considered statement of one to two pages expressing your goals and interests in the program.
- GRE score: Quantitative and verbal scores should be in the 50th percentile or above. Waiver of GRE may be considered based on academic history and work experience.
- Current résumé: Include your GRE score, undergraduate GPA and relevant clinical and research experience.
Program Prerequisites: If necessary, the following courses may be taken in the summer prior to beginning the program.
- HIM 5001: Information Systems: Documentation, Ethical and Legal Aspects
- HIM 5002: Clinical Information Systems
- HPM 5006: Political and Economic Aspects of Health
Additional Requirements for International Students: TOEFL score (if necessary): A minimum 79 iBT or 550 PBT is required. Learn more about international graduate applicant requirements.
Transfer students: Relevant graduate courses taken at other accredited universities may be considered for transfer credit. Students may transfer a maximum of six credits.
Non-Matriculated Student Policy: Non-matriculated students may take a maximum of 9 credits. Any additional courses require the student to be matriculated in a program.