You’ll need to complete an application online. There is a $60 application fee.
Admission to this program is restricted to a limited number of highly qualified individuals with strong backgrounds in this field or a related one. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree earned with a 3.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale). A master’s degree is preferred but not required.
The College of Engineering automatically reviews all qualified full-time applicants for either a teaching or a research assistantship. There is no separate application necessary to be considered for one of these awards.
- References: You’ll need three letters of recommendation. If sending by email, these should come directly from your reference writer’s personal email address.
- Goals statement: In one to two pages, describe your relevant technical experiences and career goals.
- GRE score: The test must have been taken within five years of the application date. Minimum scores for the College of Engineering: Verbal: 150, Quantitative: 151, Analytical Writing: 4.5. Your official scores should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Agency. The institutional code for Temple is 2906.
- Current professional résumé
- Transcripts: Official transcripts should be sent directly from the institution.
The above materials should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to
Office of Admissions and Graduate Student Services
College of Engineering
1947 N 12th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19122
International Applicant Requirements
In addition to the standard application requirements, international applicants need to submit the following credentials.
- Transcripts or marksheets and degree certificates or diplomas in your original language are required. You’ll also need translations of these academic documents by an appropriate university or government official. You may submit photocopies for the admissions process, but should submit original documents if you’re accepted and choose to attend.
- Evaluation: The department encourages applicants who have attended international post-secondary institutions to have their credentials evaluated by a NACES-accredited agency and submit a course-by-course evaluation. This will speed up the admissions process.
- TOEFL or the academic version of the IELTS exam: The minimum score for the College of Engineering is 79 iBT or 6.5 IELTS.
These scores must be submitted directly from the testing agency. Students who have taken the IELTS may submit a photocopy of their score results.
Applications seeking an F-1 or J-1 visa must also submit
- a Certificate of Eligibility Application, which includes the passport information you’ll need to submit, space for you to fill out academic and immigration international student information, and instructions on where to submit the application;
- appropriate financial documentation showing adequate funding to attend Temple University; and
- a copy of the identification page of your passport.
For more information on international student resources, visit International Student and Scholar Services.