Sport Business Executive Program Master of Science
Accelerate your career in the sport industry with the Executive Master of Science in Sport Business in Temple University’s School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management. This executive master’s degree program is designed to strengthen your strategic mindset and empower your drive to succeed. You will advance your expertise in effective business communication, quantitative literacy and the decision-making skills necessary to become a senior or C-suite sport executive.
Created specifically for mid- and senior-level professionals with five-plus years of industry experience, the Executive MS in Sport Business is offered completely online, and it is tailored for the working professional. You will have the flexibility to complete coursework that aligns with your schedule, and many full-time graduates earn the Sport Business degree in 13 to 15 months.
The curriculum integrates management courses with sport-specific courses to help you further yourself as a leader in the competitive, $1.5 trillion sport industry. Executive Master of Science in Sport Business graduates gain
- the ability to assess and respond to challenges that are presented to the sustainability of the global sport industry;
- enhanced analytical and critical thinking skills;
- in-depth knowledge of the functioning, issues, size and scope of the global sport industry; and
- preparedness for career advancement within the global sport industry.
With coursework offered in collaboration with the Fox School of Business Online MBA, you’ll expand your network and gain valuable experience through live weekly classes with other business leaders.
Faculty members lead research initiatives at the forefront of their fields, in part through collaborative efforts with local and national business partners. With access to Temple’s state-of-the-art Sport Industry Research Center, you’ll learn from faculty research that investigates the real-world impact of sport business in communities.
Some of these research initiatives include
- the analysis of consumer data to help organizations activate sponsorships, build their brand, engage consumers and foster consumer loyalty;
- individual- and community-level benefits of mass-participant sport events;
- innovative marketing and management strategies to enhance the economic, environmental and social sustainability of sporting events and organizations; and
- investigating sport consumer experiences.
The program's online delivery requires a virtual meeting in the evening one night a week, enabling collaboration among faculty and students. Students are encouraged to complete one course at a time over a five-week period, equating to three courses per semester.
The program can also be completed part time, at a pace that is suitable for your personal schedule, allowing up to four years for completion.