Internships & Opportunities
The Recreation Therapy MS program provides students with internships and clinical practica available across the country, including California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Montana and Virginia.
The department also maintains relationships with numerous healthcare and human service agencies in Philadelphia and the surrounding region, offering students multiple opportunities for training and research. These include nationally recognized rehabilitation facilities such as
- Magee Rehabilitation Hospital,
- Pennsylvania Center for Adapted Sports,
- Princeton Medical Center,
- Shriners Hospitals for Children,
- Temple University Hospital and Health System,
- United Cerebral Palsy of Philadelphia, and
- Variety Club Camp and Developmental Center.
The program culminates in a fieldwork project that involves evidence-based recreation therapy. Many students present their projects at professional meetings or conferences or publish in scholarly journals.
You’ll find recreation therapy graduates in professional roles such as
- advanced clinical or management positions in adult day programs,
- assisted living facilities,
- community settings providing specialized services to individuals with disabilities,
- nursing homes and
- pediatric facilities.
Graduates are also often recruited directly to begin practicing as recreation therapists.