Master of Science in Real Estate
Become a value creator and innovative strategist in today’s ever-changing real estate industry with the Master of Science in Real Estate in the Fox School of Business and Management at Temple University. Designed for business leaders, entrepreneurs and experienced professionals, the 30-credit online Real Estate MS focuses on the various phases and new technologies of real estate (AI, AR, Argus, XLS) that provide a fresh perspective and intellectual advantage in a traditional brokerage-dominated industry. Topics covered in the degree program include
- advanced financial modeling,
- infrastructure development and finance,
- optimization of assets, and
Through the Real Estate MS, students gain a deep understanding of the economic, environmental, financial and social impact real estate has on creating diverse and inclusive communities. The master’s program also examines how unpredictable events in society, such as the COVID-19 pandemic and social equity movements in 2020, can change the real estate landscape—fueling students to generate innovative solutions and research that close systemic gaps.
What sets apart our Master of Science in Real Estate?
- Networking opportunities: Students in our degree program have access to extraordinary networking opportunities inside and outside of the classroom through a program that attracts real estate professionals and business leaders from around the world.
- A flexible, virtual program: Not only will students earn their master’s from one of the top business schools in the country, but the synchronous online format of our program allows them to do it from anywhere in the world—making it ideal for working professionals.
- Our renowned faculty: Our diverse, expert faculty have been active in the real estate world for more than 30 years. They call on their professional accomplishments and real estate experience to provide students with a one-of-a-kind education. These industry relationships help our students gain access to real estate companies and professionals outside of the program.
Program Format & Curriculum
Students in the Master of Science in Real Estate program complete 30 credits, including a three-credit experiential capstone that can be fulfilled through an independent study structure. The master’s program’s part-time format has an expected completion time frame of 18 to 20 months.
Courses in the online program are designed to maximize peer-to-peer learning through collaborative experiential learning using case studies, class activities and real-world case problems. Some of the courses include
- Enterprise Real Estate Asset Optimization,
- Inclusive Economic Development and Placemaking Through Real Estate Innovation,
- Real Estate Finance and Capital Markets, and
- Real Estate Law and Practice.