Quality Assurance / Regulatory Affairs Certificate (Graduate)
The Quality Assurance / Regulatory Affairs Certificate (Graduate) in Temple University School of Pharmacy is designed for students with advanced pharmacy degrees who wish to continue their education and remain up-to-date with challenges facing the industry. The certificate provides a structured yet flexible way of pursuing further education, with courses offered online as well as on evenings and weekends at Temple’s Fort Washington Campus, approximately 20 miles from the university’s Health Sciences Center.
Many students who participate in the Advanced RAQA Graduate Certificate have already earned an MS in RAQA from Temple or a comparable graduate program. Since applicants tend to be working professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from your classmates’ backgrounds, careers and experiences.
RAQA coursework integrates pharmaceutical law and regulation, quality assurance practices, and technology to examine regulatory and quality assurance issues facing the industry today. Faculty are Food and Drug Administration and industry veterans with years of expertise in their specialties. Intimate classroom discussions and hands-on workshops characterize the in-person learning experience for certificate students, while online courses offer synchronous discussions and collaboration opportunities. In-person courses can be videoconferenced to corporate sites, providing added flexibility for working professionals.
Classes & Curriculum
The certificate consists of either
- four courses for those who received the MS in RAQA from Temple or
- five courses for students who have completed advanced pharmacy degrees from other accredited U.S. institutions and have extensive pharmaceutical industry experience.
This equates to 12 to 15 credits, depending on the applicant’s master’s degree. The certificate should be completed within three years.
The Advanced RAQA Graduate Certificate includes courses on
- Advanced Pharmacogenomics,
- Fundamentals of Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics,
- Global Biopharmaceutical Industry,
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, and
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory Quality Systems and Operations.