Expand your knowledge and skillset in the pharmaceutical industry with the Pharmaceutics Certificate in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. This four-course certificate is specifically designed to educate bench scientists, lab technicians and pharmacists in the highly dynamic arena of pharmaceutical sciences.
Within the ever-expanding field of pharmacy, there is a pressing need for technically-trained professionals with post-graduate science degrees. In particular, the Greater Philadelphia area has a vibrant pharmaceutical industry that employs tens of thousands of skilled individuals in the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of pharmaceutical devices and products. Ideal for industry employees, this certificate will provide you with the graduate or postgraduate training needed for career advancement and opportunity in various pharmacy settings.
In your courses, you will study the applications of chemical analysis to pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical manufacturing, the interrelationship of physical pharmacy concepts and pharmaceutical science, and the relevant techniques of preformulation and formulation phases. You will learn these practices and theories from Temple University’s School of Pharmacy faculty as well as industry experts in discovery and development, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, and validation.
A flexible program, courses are offered at night, on weekends and online. You may apply the 12 credits you earned for the certificate to the non-thesis Master of Science in Pharmaceutics, if you decide to pursue the degree later on.
Classes & Curriculum
In this 12-credit program, you will take three required courses and one elective. Your classes will include
- Pharmaceutical Analysis,
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing I and
- Physical Pharmacy.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Sciences MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Basic Pharmaceutical Development Certificate
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs (Biotechnology) Certificate
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs Certificate
- Clinical Trial Management Certificate
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Global Pharmacovigilance: Benefit-Risk Assessment Certificate
- Good Manufacturing Practices for the 21st Century Certificate
- Labeling, Advertising, and Promotions Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate
- Sterile Process Manufacturing Certificate