Fee: Include a fee of $60 for the online application.
You should be a certified occupational therapist in order to qualify for admission to the OTD program.
You’ll need a master’s degree in occupational therapy or a related field with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to apply. You could also have completed Temple’s Post-Professional Certificate in Occupational Therapy.
- Recommendations: Obtain three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your potential for graduate study. Recommenders can be faculty members or immediate work supervisors. Submit these by email to email@example.com or by mail.
- Goals statement: Write a minimum of one page reflecting on your aptitude for rigorous graduate study and practice in occupational therapy, including the metal flexibility, teamwork and service to others required for success. In addition, describe an area of interest you want to pursue through doctoral studies and explain connections between this topic and the expertise of the department’s faculty members. This is key, since you’ll be working closely with a professor on your capstone research experience.
- Professional Writing Sample: You can submit something from previous coursework or a professional publication.
- A GRE score is only required if your master’s GPA is lower than 3.0. If needed, your score should be in the top 50th percentile on both the verbal and the quantitative sections.
- A Current résumé should be submitted.
- A phone interview is required for admission.
Requirements for international students
TOEFL score: minimum 79 iBT or 550 PBT
Applications are now being accepted for fall 2018. Submit your application.