Athletic Training Program Accreditation
The Temple University Athletic Training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training (CAATE).
Program Aggregate Data
Within the past three years, the program has achieved
- a graduation rate within 2 years of 95%;
- a 95% retention rate;
- programmatic financial support to 100% of students through
- graduate assistantships in Temple’s Athletics and Campus Recreation divisions and local high schools; and
- teaching assistantships in the Department of Kinesiology; and
- employment gained in athletic training or a related field by 100% of students.
- Employment settings include high schools, colleges, clinics and hospitals; the military; physician extender positions; and entrance into doctoral programs.
Within the past five years,
- a master’s research project was completed and defended by 100% of graduates;
- presentations at the college, local, state and/or national level were given by 100% of graduates; and
- Temple amassed 20 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Critically evaluate research evidence.
- Create and complete a research project.
- Present and defend results of an independent research project.
- Demonstrate professional skills in clinical practice by attending and/or presenting at local, state or national conferences.
- Discuss advanced concepts in brain injury and sensorimotor control systems.