How to Apply
The admissions process depends on if you are applying as a matriculated or non-matriculated graduate student. Please carefully read the information below to ensure you are following the correct admissions process.
The 12-credit, four-course Health Outcomes and Measurement Science Certificate (Graduate) program is available either as an independent program or as a supplement to your primary degree at Temple University. You can complete the certificate entirely online on a part-time basis and finish it in two years or less.
Students may complete three of the four courses before formally applying to the certificate program. Transfer credits are not accepted, and the GRE is not required.
For admission consideration, applicants must have the following.
- A bachelor’s degree in a health or health-related profession, or in measurement science
- Completed prior coursework in statistics, or equivalent experience (as approved by program directors)
Applicants may begin this program in the fall, spring or summer term. The application deadline is rolling. The admissions process and application you use depend on your student status.
If you are currently a matriculated graduate student at Temple University, please complete this online form to enroll in the certificate program.
If you are not currently a matriculated graduate student at Temple University, you must
- apply online using the SOPHAS Express Centralized Application Service,
- submit a brief statement of your interest in the certificate and
- provide copies of all transcripts, to be uploaded through the SOPHAS Express Application.
Additional Requirements for International Students
For applicants whose native language is not English, the TOEFL or IELTS exam is required with minimum scores of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the academic version of the IELTS.