Temple University’s Finance Department offers a wide array of opportunity for students to gain hands-on industry experience, to solve real-world problems and build a robust network to launch and grow a meaningful and successful career upon graduation.
Financial Planning majors are paired with the Temple University Investment Association (TUIA). Students become junior analysts and complete five training modules in order to be considered for a position with The Owl Fund. In addition, TUIA host
- an interactive speaker series with experts in financial planning, investing and portfolio management.
- trips to Wall Street firms and institutions.
- two socials per semester for students in TUIA, the Fox Fund and the Owl Fund.
- weekly student meetings with financial services professionals.
The Financial Planning Association is another way for students to deepen their understanding of the field outside the classroom. The association brings senior financial advisors from numerous firms across the Philadelphia area looking to hire passionate students for internships and jobs. Topics include
- behavioral finance,
- current regulation changes,
- goals-based wealth management,
- relationship building, and
- the value of a Certified Financial Planner.
In addition, the association organizes an exclusive Career Day for both students and financial planning professionals in the region. Unlike traditional job fairs, students have the opportunity to interview for internships and jobs during the event. Career Day includes
- educational components for professionals looking to develop the next generation of financial planners,
- guidance for firms on how to maximize the value of hiring financial planning students,
- mock interviews,
- networking opportunities,
- resume reviews, and
- roundtable discussions with financial planners.