The advanced skills gained from a graduate degree in the College of Liberal Arts are highly relevant in today’s rapidly evolving world. You will form expertise through rigorous coursework and research to meet your professional and personal goals.
The Criminal Justice PhD program produces well-trained criminologists, researchers and criminal justice practitioners who are prepared for a number of exciting and important careers.
Graduates teach at the collegiate level, practice law, write and enact policies, and serve their communities in a number of local agencies.
Temple Criminal Justice PhD graduates have transitioned into policy-making positions for institutes and organizations including the
- Center for Drug and Alcohol Studies at the University of Delaware;
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Courts;
- Justice Research and Statistics Association;
- National Institute of Justice;
- National Police Foundation; and the
- Vera Institute of Justice.
Criminal Justice Career Fair
The College of Liberal Arts’ Criminal Justice department hosts an annual career fair every spring for Criminal Justice majors. Representatives from over 40 local, state, federal and private criminal justice-related organizations gather to recruit Temple students for competitive internships and careers.