Clinical Trial Management Post-Master’s Certificate
Learn how to effectively conduct and execute your own clinical trials with the Post-Master’s Certificate in Clinical Trial Management from Temple’s School of Pharmacy. This four-course, 12-credit certificate can be completed part time and is designed for pharmaceutical and healthcare professionals who are involved in running clinical trials. Throughout the certificate you will gain the skills and information needed to design, conduct and audit clinical trials of pharmaceutical products.
Additionally, you'll be versed in
- crafting protocol and consent forms,
- overseeing budgets and data,
- auditing data to ensure trial integrity,
- clinical protocol development and monitoring strategies, and
- understanding the role and responsibilities of Institutional Review Boards.
Specific courses cover bioethics issues including the
- protection of the human research subject,
- informed consent form and process,
- clinical operations and
- the roles and responsibilities of key trial personnel.
Students who have already earned an MS in Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance (RAQA) from Temple or a comparable graduate program are well suited to enroll in the Clinical Trial Management Post-Master’s Graduate Certificate.
Classes & Curriculum
The certificate consists of either
- four courses for those who received the MS in RAQA from Temple or
- five courses for students who have completed advanced pharmacy degrees from other accredited U.S. institutions and have extensive pharmaceutical industry experience. If you have taken similar courses in another graduate-level program to those required at Temple, you may request to take alternate electives.
The Clinical Trial Management Post-Master’s Graduate Certificate includes the following course options.
- Good Clinical Practices
- Global Clinical Drug Development or Global Clinical Drug Development
- Bioethics for Pharmaceutical Professionals
Along with a choice between
- Clinical Data Management;
- Clinical Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance;
- Project Management for Clinical Trials;
- Risk Management and Safety Signaling in Healthcare Products; or
- Statistics for Clinical Trials.
Students from advanced degrees outside of Temple will take one additional elective as a supplement.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacoviligance Regulations MS
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmaceutics MS (Thesis & Non-Thesis)
- Pharmacodynamics MS [ed. note: page not built]
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Drug Development Certificate
- Basic Pharmaceutical Development Certificate
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs Certificate
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs Certificate
- Clinical Trial Management Certificate
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate [ed. note: page not built]
- Global Pharmacovigilance Certificate
- GMPs for the 21st Century Certificate [ed. note: page not built]
- Labeling, Advertising, and Promotions Certificate [ed. note: page not built]
- Medical Devices Certificate [ed. note: page not built]
- Sterile Process Manufacturing Certificate