Civil Engineering PhD
Temple University’s Civil Engineering PhD program offers you the opportunity to work towards new advancements and perform original research in civil engineering. Research interests can include bridge longevity, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure modernization, or many more. This doctoral degree program is fully customizable; you can design an individualized plan of study. Pursue your research interests with the guidance of our highly experienced faculty, whose research areas include
- construction management;
- earthquake engineering and evaluation of deep foundations;
- geophysical imaging and site characterization;
- infrastructure reconstruction;
- pavement construction, materials and rehabilitation; and
- transportation engineering.
Temple’s doctoral program in Civil Engineering also encourages interdisciplinary collaboration with faculty in departments in and outside of the College of Engineering, including
- Chemistry, Geology and other sciences (in the College of Science and Technology),
- Electrical and Computer Engineering,
- Mathematics, and
- Mechanical Engineering.