Scholarships and Financial Aid

College of Public Health Graduate Student Scholarships

The College of Public Health offers a number of different funding sources for graduate students based on need and academic merit. Learn more about available scholarships.

Graduate Student External Funding

Learn more about the numerous external awards and funds available to graduate students. A selection of externally funded fellowships is also included below.


Note: These external fellowship opportunities fund supplemental experiences (research, institutes) or graduate studies or research. They are typically not intended to cover Temple’s tuition and fees.

Funding opportunities specific to the field of athletic training may be available from the National Athletic Trainers’ Association, Eastern Athletic Trainers’ Association, and the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers’ Society.

The American Association of University Women provides grants and fellowships to students in a variety of fields who are conducting research that aims to benefit their schools and communities.

Ford Fellowships strive to diversify college and university faculties in the U.S. Predoctoral, dissertation and postdoctoral fellowships are awarded.

The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for independent study, research and creative projects or English teaching assistantships abroad for an academic year. All enrolled students must apply through the university; see the Fulbright page for more information.

Fellowship Databases and Other Resources

AAAS Fellowships Resources lists professional associations that often offer awards or scholarships or funding opportunities in that discipline.

The Cornell Fellowships Database is a searchable database for graduate students.

Through GRAPES at UCLA you can search for awards from more than 600 fellowships, grants, postdoctoral awards and scholarships for applicants to graduate programs, current graduate students working on master’s theses or doctoral dissertations and postdoc scholars.

The Rutgers GradFund is a searchable database for graduate students.

Federal Stafford Loans

Applying for Federal Stafford Loans requires completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). At Temple University, unsubsidized Stafford loans up to a maximum amount of $20,500 annually are available to full-time graduate students.

Federal Work-Study

Eligibility for the Federal Work-Study program is based on applicant need as determined by the information on an applicant’s FAFSA. In addition, students must be enrolled at least half-time and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Students are paid biweekly for hours worked.

Learn more about aid, scholarship and work-study options, through Student Financial Services at Temple, and explore aid information specific to graduate students.