Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Management
Acquire the expertise to advance in the complex and competitive field of accounting with Temple University’s Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Management at the Fox School of Business. Learn how to work cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals and transform companywide operations in a rapidly changing environment. The 30-credit hour, online Accounting and Financial Management master’s degree program is designed to meet the time constraints of working professionals. Each course builds critical skills for accounting and financial planning and analysis roles so that students can earn their degrees, develop key competencies and prepare for the exams required to become a certified management accountant (CMA).
Certified management accountants focus on strategic management; the Accounting and Financial Management master’s degree program develops student aptitude for the following executive-level functions.
- Analyzing budgets and using data to make informed business decisions
- Leading strategic planning processes
- Maintaining organizational compliance with relevant standards and regulations
- Managing organizational risk
- Monitoring organization performance
The goals of the Accounting and Financial Management master’s program align with the skills required of enterprise professionals and are based on the six content areas of the CMA exam. Students prepare for both parts of the exam—Financial Planning, Performance and Analytics, and Strategic Financial Management—and earn CMA certification upon successful completion of the exam.
Program Format & Curriculum
The Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Management is a 30-credit, part-time program delivered completely online. Students have up to five semesters to complete the program.
The following coursework is required.
- Accounting for Managerial and Investment Analysis and Planning
- Accounting Information Systems for Management
- Business Strategy in a Global Environment
- Financial and Managerial Accounting in Decision Making
- Independent Study
- Leading Organizations
- Managerial Cost Accounting
- Strategic Cost Analysis for Enterprise Management