This year, Temple welcomes the Class of 2018, its biggest and brightest incoming class.
The Class of 2018 by the numbers
- 27,751: total applications received (first-year freshmen and transfer students)
- 7,106: enrolled first-year freshmen and transfer students
- 3,205: freshmen from Pennsylvania
- 681: freshmen from Philadelphia
- 8% increase in African-American students
- 20% increase in Hispanic students
- 3.44: average high school GPA of first-year freshmen, the highest ever
- 3.85: high school GPA for college freshmen, a university record
- 525: freshmen accepted into the Honors Program, 183 more than last year
The average SAT score of Temple’s freshman class was 119 points higher than the national average and 131 points higher than the Pennsylvania average.
- 2,281 international students from 111 countries studied at Temple.
- 1,103 Temple students studied abroad in 48 countries.
- The university maintained 108 international cooperations in 38 countries.