Are you a savvy social media content creator? Do you enjoy being creative? Do you love being a Temple Owl? Apply to be one of Temple’s inaugural student social media ambassadors!
Students are at the heart of what we do. Temple’s social media team within the department of Strategic Marketing and Communications is excited and proud to launch the Student Social Media Ambassador Program.
Student ambassadors will work with a team of students and staff members to develop and produce creative social media video content that promotes Temple in innovative and engaging ways. They will help increase student engagement across all relevant platforms, provide feedback and insight into the student experience, evaluate the effectiveness of social media strategies, and actively participate in larger student conversations across social media.
Our ideal student ambassador will be well-versed in the social media landscape, follow trends, bring new ideas and understand how to connect with other students.
Students will be tasked with producing, filming and editing two pieces of video content per month plus one other piece of content (IG story takeover, photo series, event coverage, etc.). Students will be provided with content ideas and inspiration on a monthly basis. Possible content categories include day in the life, involvement in clubs/organizations, showcasing major or school/college, campus-life activities, events on campus, on- or off-campus job, internship, volunteer work, or athletics.
Students will distribute content on both their own personal accounts and the university’s accounts.
Dates of Employment
The approximate dates of employment are Aug. 20, 2023–May 20, 2024.
Compensation and Incentives
Ambassadors will be compensated at $10 per hour with a max of five(5) hours of work per week. Other benefits include professional development, networking opportunities and merch.
Any Temple undergraduate student with a unique story to tell and public social media accounts is eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Fill out the form below so we can learn more about your interests and what you’re involved in on campus. We will reach out to you with the next steps if you are selected to move forward.
- Passion for Temple University
- Active social media presence and proven record of creating engaging social media content
- Ability to submit three pieces of content per month, as well as attend biweekly check-in meetings and one group cohort meeting per month (roughly three–five hours of work per week)
- Interest in helping shape student-related social media engagements and initiatives
- Desire to actively participate in larger student conversations across social media
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be a full time student enrolled for the 2023–2024 academic year
- Available for the entire 2023–2024 academic year