EMAIL TUTORING WILL CLOSE ON JULY 30TH FOR SUMMER II. EMAIL TUTORING WILL REOPEN ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH AT 9AM.
The Writing Center provides virtual tutoring through our email tutoring service. Students wishing to utilize this service should complete the Email Tutoring Request form. Submissions will receive feedback via email within 12-24 business hours.
Please keep in mind that only sessions submitted between the hours of 10:00am-4:00pm Mondays-Thursdays will receive a response. If you received a "closed" message, you can call the Writing Center (215.204.0702) to inquire about other tutoring options.
Before completing the Email Tutoring Request form, please read carefully through the following terms and conditions for email tutoring:
- You will receive a response from email tutoring within 12 business hours. Please do not expect a response sooner than 12 hours.
- Students are limited to 1 email session per week (Monday through Saturday).
- Students are limited to 10 email sessions per semester.
- Email tutors will respond to a pre-set number of sessions each day; once we have received more than our volume limit, we will no longer accept additional sessions for that day. Students who submit papers after the limit has been reached will receive a message to that effect.
- Students must use a Temple University email address to receive feedback.
- Please keep in mind that tutors will take no more than one hour to read and respond to your paper. In face-to-face sessions, tutors are typically able to get through 5-7 pages in an hour. If your paper is much longer than this and you would like feedback on the entire paper, you may want to think about coming to the Writing Center for an appointment or for longer papers (15-20 pages) using our Read Ahead service.
- We cannot edit or proofread your paper for you. We can suggest directions, yet the real work has to be completed by you.
- Students may submit their own work ONLY. You cannot submit a paper on behalf of someone else.