Writing Center Classroom
The Writing Center offers two state-of-the-art computer labs for student use. One of these labs, our online classroom, can be reserved by instructors for class use. The lab is equipped with a multimedia projector, so that instructors will have access to Powerpoint, the Internet and many other useful programs while teaching. In addition, the seating in the room room is in a horseshoe configuration that is more conducive to effective teaching.
If you would like to reserve the online classroom, complete the reservation form. Please be aware that the room may already be reserved for classes, meetings, or workshops, so we may not be able to accommodate your request for a particular date or time.
The online classroom can comfortably accommodate 24 students. The computers are equipped with the following software:
- Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint)
- Internet Explorer, including access to the TUPortal
- Mozilla Firefox, an alternate Internet browser
- EndNote, a program designed to help students create bibliographies using a variety of documentation styles (including, but not limited to, APA, Chicago, and MLA)
- Plus, additional software titles that can be found on CLA's Department of Information and Technology website
The room is also equipped with a printer and two scanners.
Many instructors request Writing Center Workshops in the online computer lab as a way of introducing students to the Center. If you would like a workshop in our lab, go to our In-Class Workshop page and indicate that preference on the request form, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.