Temple Merit Scholarship Educational Enhancement Stipends
Educational Enhancement Stipends fund approved faculty-mentored research/creative projects or unpaid internships during the summer or approved study abroad during the academic year or summer for new freshman admits to the Temple University Honors Program (admitted fall 2013 and after).
A $4,000 stipend helps cover costs for experiential learning outside of the classroom. Learning must be closely related to a student's academic and professional goals and help enhance the student's candidacy for graduate study, prestigious national scholarships and fellowships.
Who is Eligibile
• Full-time Temple undergraduate University Honors students who were awarded a stipend when admitted and with current cumulative 3.0 or greater GPA
• Student must complete at least one full-time semester at Temple after using the stipend
Internship and Research Guidelines
• 300-hour minimum; two projects may be combined to reach the minimum
• Stipends may not be used for tuition
• Students cannot have outside employment or coursework during the stipend period
• Approved by Temple internship advisor or faculty mentor, the student's school/college and the Provost's Office
• After project is completed (and before fall semester begins), stipend recipients must complete the online Post-Experience Review Form (link)
Study Abroad Guidelines
• May use approved study abroad programs with a minimum stay abroad of 28 days
• Must be approved by Temple study abroad advisor, the student's school/college and the Provost's Office
• After program is completed (and before next semester begins), stipend recipients must complete the online Post-Experience Review Form (link)
• Meet with your home school/college stipend contact, an advisor in the University Honors Program, or the Education Abroad office (for study abroad programs).
• Complete the appropriate application posted below and submit to students’ school/college Dean’s office by the deadline indicated. Application must include required approvals and a brief description.
• Applications are reviewed by students’ school/college and then by the Provost’s Office. Students are notified of proposal approval by April 6 for summer, or June 15 for fall and December 1 for spring study abroad programs.
• Stipend is disbursed during the term in which the experience takes place.
Stipend Application for Summer Internship or Research (PDF) Due March 9
Stipend Application for Study Abroad (PDF) Due March 9 for summer, May 15 for fall, November 1 for spring
Detailed guidelines and stipend information are included in the applications.