Temple Law Scholars Program
The Temple Law Scholars Program provides an opportunity for outstanding students to gain provisional admission to Temple University’s Beasley School of Law at the same time they are accepted into an undergraduate program of study. Law Scholars are expected to participate in the University Honors Program while undergraduates, and they have a range of majors, programs, and co- and extra-curricular activities to choose from.
This highly selective program provides an enriched undergraduate experience that prepares students for the challenges of law school and legal careers. In addition to being mentored by faculty, current law students and alumni lawyers, Law Scholars have special opportunities to
- participate in the Beasley School of Law Trial Advocacy Program,
- gain experience through legal internships in the Philadelphia area,
- participate in the Mock Trial Team,
- attend special lectures and events
- sit in on law school classes at Beasley School of Law
Admission to Law Scholars
To be considered for the Temple Law Scholars Program, admitted students must complete the online Temple Law Scholars application (linked below), which requires an essay responding to a specific topic assigned by the Temple Law Scholars Admissions Committee, and submit at least one letter of recommendation to the address indicated on the application. An interview may be requested.
Candidates for the Temple Law Scholars Program
- must be accepted into the University Honors Program
- have a high class standing excellent high school GPA
- submit a well-argued and well-written essay
- have excellent letters of recommendation
- possess above average maturity
- have experience in community service and leadership positions
- show a genuine interest in the legal profession and its value to society
Applications received before March 1 will receive priority treatment. Applications must be received by April 1 to be considered. To apply, please the online application form below.
Law Scholars application
While pursuing their undergraduate course of study, Law Scholars students are expected to
- satisfy all academic requirements of their degree program(s) and all entrance requirements for the School of Law.
- satisfy all Honors program requirements
- obtain a letter of recommendation to the law school from a member of the Law Scholars Admission Committee.
- earn a cumulative GPA of 3.45 in their undergraduate program of study
- achieve a score at the 80th percentile or higher on the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
- complete a minimum of 50 hours of supervised community service during their junior or senior years of college
- participate in an internship or other experiential learning program in the legal field.
- comply at all times with Temple University’s standards for student performance and conduct.