To view the Vietnamese and Nôm scripts, you may have to turn your browser's View: Encoding to UTF-8.
News & Events:
Highlighting Research from the Center for Vietnamese Philosophy, Culture, and Society at 2010 Global Temple Conference,
November 16, 2010 — Howard Grittis Student Center South, Session 4: 09:40 AM - 10:50 AM, Room: 217D (2nd Floor)
Press Release on the British Library Endangered Archives Programme 219 between the Center and Vietnam Institute of Social Science Information in Vietnam.
A mini-Conference on Nôm Studies, April 11-12, 2008 at the Center.
— Open Call for Papers
— Submitted abstracts
— Submitted papers
— Conference program
— Pictures from Conference
Global Issues in Vietnamese Nôm Preservation, Vietnamese
Philosophy, Culture & Society, Panel 4, Global Temple Conference, November 13, 2007.
* Nôm ideograms:
Trẻ con làm rồng rắn
Children play Dragon and Snake game.
Page under construction.
- Nôm radical list from Unicode 5.0 standard CJKV (Chinese-Japanese-Korean-Vietnamese) Unified Ideographs (UniHan).
- Draft Vietnamese historical toponymy, from Institute of Hán Nôm Research, http://www.hannom.org.vn: Tên Thần "Genie and God titles".
- Draft Vietnamese dynasty chronology, Adapted from Niên biểu Việt Nam "Vietnamese Chronology" by Office of Preservation and Museology, Hanoi: Social Sciences Publishing House, 3rd edition. 1984. Pp. 15-32.
- Draft Vietnamese Currency, Adapted from Niên biểu Việt Nam "Vietnamese Chronology" by Office of Preservation and Museology, Hanoi: Social Sciences Publishing House, 3rd edition. 1984. Pp. 133-50.
- 大 越 史 記 紀 年 目 錄
Đại Việt sử
ký Kỷ niên mục lục [Chronological Summary "A
Complete history of the Great Viet"], 内 閣 官 板 Nội các
quan bản [Official Imperial Cabinet Edition], woodblock carved under the Reign of Chính Hoà the 18th
(1697). From Đại Việt sử ký toàn thư [A
complete history of the Great Viet], Volume 4. Hà Nội: Social Sciences
Publishing House. Pp. 24-29. This copy is found in the Library of the Société Asiatique, Paris, France,
- Draft Calendar Conversion: The sexagenary cycle (干支, can chi), Lunar to Gregorian lookup table, and Gregorian to Lunar lookup tables.