Temple University


Applying for VA Benefits

vet pic image 58

All eligible veterans and servicemembers must apply for benefits through the Veterans Administration Office (VA) and submit their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Office of the University Registrar when they are admitted to the University. This office verifies enrollment for all V.A. benefit programs. If you need more information, please contact the School Certifying Official in the Office of the University Registrar at 215.204.6586 or email OurVeterans@temple.edu.

The VA has implemented a new way to file for your benefits. To apply for your VA benefits click on this link.


Effective Fall 2018:

Per Public Law 115-48 Section 107, the VA is required to calculate the Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on the location (zip code) where the individual physically attends the majority of their classes.

MHA will no longer be based on the "institution" location of the school where the individual is enrolled. This means, for example, that students attending Tempke Main Campus in Philadelphia may receive a different MHA than a student attending Temple University Harrisburg Campus. The MHA is based on the military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) at the E-5 with Dependents rate.

For more information or questions email Ourveterans@temple.edu.



Yellow Ribbon Program

Temple University is a participating institution in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Veterans who are 100% eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® may also qualify for this additional educational benefit. Funding may vary on a case by case basis. For more information, please contact the School Certifying Official at 215.204.6586.

What is the Yellow Ribbon Program?
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.

Post- 9/11 GI Bill®

The Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.

Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill® Benefits To Dependents (TEB)

For the time in history, service members enrolled in the Post-9/11 GI Bill® program will be able to transfer unused educational benefits to their spouses or children starting August 1, 2009.

For more information on the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, visit the VA website.

The eBenefits logo


Would You Like to Access Your VA Records From Any Computer? Now you can! Just ask your VA Counselor to enroll you in eBenefits today.

With an online eBenefits account, you can:

For more information go to www.ebenefits.va.gov