Assessment in Photography
Photographic images are central in our culture. The presence and impact of photography is evident in contemporary art practice, as can be seen by the quality and volume of photography exhibited in galleries and museums, as well as in new web-based art forums. The level of technical and conceptual sophistication in the photography and digital imaging programs at Tyler exposes the student to many career opportunities.
Tyler School of Art
2001 N. 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
BFA in Photography Key Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of the conceptual and theoretical principles in their major.
- Effective critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Effective utilization of oral and written communication.
- Technical expertise in the software and hardware utilized in each discipline.
- Highly developed aesthetic and conceptual skills.
- Professional caliber image and object making abilities.
MFA in Photography Key Learning Outcomes
- Mastery of conceptual, visual and technical aspects of contemporary photgraphy.
- Ability to apply critical and analytical skills in photography.
- Understanding the formal andaesthetic aspects of the discipline.
- Ability to articulate ideas and information in both written and oral formats.
- Technical mastery of new and traditional media.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into contemporary photographic processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain independent studio practices.
- Ability to carry out independent studio research.
- Understanding of the ethical, legal, and social responsibilities in photographic practice.