To the Temple Community:
From Monday, Oct. 4, through Wednesday, Oct. 6, we will have a campus visit for the second candidate for the position of Vice Provost for University Libraries and Director, Paley Library. Her name is Nancy Kranich, and she is the former Associate Dean of Libraries at New York University and former President of the American Library Association. Her vita is available at the following Web site addresses: http://www.temple.edu/news/candidates/Kranich.doc in Word format and http://www.temple.edu/news/candidates/Kranich.pdf in Acrobat format.
Nancy is the second of the candidates selected for an on-campus visit by a search committee made up of faculty, librarians, a dean, students and administrators.
Faculty members, students and staff are urged to meet the candidate at one of the sessions listed below. For this very important position in support of the academic core of the University, your input is extremely important.
Sessions for FACULTY, STAFF AND STUDENTS are as follows:
- Candidate's presentation on "A Vision for Academic Research University Libraries": 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 5, in the Paley Library Lecture Hall (Ground Floor)
Sessions for FACULTY are as follows:
- For interested law faculty and librarians: 2:45 to 3:45 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 5, in the Rawles Room, Special Collections in Klein Hall
- For interested H.S.C. faculty and librarians: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 6, in the Quiet Study Center on the 2nd floor, Kresge Hall
- For all faculty: 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 6, in Tuttleman Learning Center, room 209
Sessions for STUDENTS are as follows:
- For all students: 1:30-2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 5, in Tuttleman Learning Center, room 405AB
In other sessions, the candidate will have the chance to meet with library staff, deans and University leaders.
On behalf of the search committee, I encourage you to attend one of the sessions and meet the candidate. We believe that once she meets our faculty and students, she will be impressed with the opportunities presented by Temple University.
Deputy Provost and Dean of the University College