To: All Temple University Faculty, Staff, and Student Workers
From: Nancy L. Hinchcliff, assistant vice president
Date: December 9, 2005
Subject: 2005 address verification
and year-end W-2 reporting reminders
As Temple University Payroll Management Office prepares for year end and the distribution of 2005 Form W-2 forms please review the following reminders:
Please visit the Human Resources Web site at www.temple.edu/hr as the distribution date gets closer for additional information regarding W-2 distribution.
- Verify the name and address that appears on your most recent direct deposit advice or paycheck. Although W-2 forms are distributed in the same manner as paychecks, in the event the form needs to be mailed, it is important to keep this address up-to-date.
- If you are an employee, please use our web-based Employee Self-Service system at ess.temple.edu to verify and update your address information as well as other personal, emergency contact, and work related data.
- If you are a student, address changes made in OWLnet do not update the University HRS payroll system. Please send an e-mail to HRpayroll@temple.edu requesting the change. Include your TUid and a brief explanation.
- For all currently active employees paid by the University during calendar year 2005, it is University policy to distribute the W-2 form to the department in the same manner as paychecks. If you are not sure where your Form W-2 will be distributed, please contact us directly at (215)204-3116.
- All address changes must be received by Monday, Jan. 9, 2005 to make sure your address is properly stated on your 2005 W-2 form.
- Submit a new 2006 Form W-4 if you claimed an exemption from federal income tax withholding during 2005 by February 15, 2006.
- A $35.00 replacement fee will be charged to reprint the 2005 Form W-2 if it needs to be reissued for any reason.