CHANGES TO THE BILLING AND CONFIRMATION PROCESS
Temple University is improving the billing and registration procedures, effective for the Spring 2006 semester, in order to provide better customer service to you and your family.
These changes include:
• If you pay via the Temple Easy Payment Plan (TEPP), you will receive three bills instead of four during the Spring and Fall semesters.
• The confirmation process is eliminated for most students.
• There are new rules regarding late payments.
• There will be no November bill.
• The Spring bill will be mailed on December 12, 2005, with payment due on January 5, 2006.
• You must make a payment – either the full amount due or at least the Minimum Amount Due – by the payment deadline of January 5, 2006.
• Your registration will be cancelled if your payment is not received by the due date.
• If you pay less than the full amount but at least the Minimum Amount Due by the deadline, you will be placed automatically in the Temple Easy Payment Plan (TEPP).
o Under TEPP, you will have three payment installments per semester instead of four. Thus, only one third of your total balance will be due on January 5, instead of the one half previously required by that date.
o The second installment will be due February 14; the third, March 14.
o There is an $11 fee per installment for TEPP participants.
• If you register after January 1, 2006, you will not receive a paper bill. The charges will appear on OWLnet the same day that you register and must be paid within 5 calendar days of your registration.
• If you have an unpaid balance after March 14, you will not be eligible to participate in priority registration for the Summer or Fall semesters until your balance is paid.
• A late payment fee of $50 will be assessed on March 15 on unpaid balances.
• The Drop/Add period ends Monday, January 30. If you do not drop unwanted classes by then, you will be responsible for paying for the classes.
• Your classes will be automatically confirmed when you either pay:
o In full, or
o At least the minimum amount due as shown on the bill or on OWLnet.
• However, if your estimated financial aid, as shown on your bill, covers 100% of your balance, you must confirm your classes by January 5, 2006. By confirming, your financial aid will be applied toward your outstanding balance shortly before the start of classes. If you do not confirm, your classes will be cancelled.
• If you are a Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant, you must submit a signed tuition remission form and a copy of your award letter to the Bursar’s Office each semester; the deadline to do so for Spring 2006 is January 5, 2006. If you do not submit these items by the deadline, your classes will be cancelled.
Billing/Cancellation Calendar for Spring 2006
|First Spring Bill
||December 12- January 1
||Jan 2 - Jan. 23
||5 calendar days after registration
|Spring semester begins
|Second Spring Bill
|Third Spring Bill
For a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) see below. If you have any other questions regarding these changes, please contact the following departments for assistance:
Student Financial Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) Bursar’s Office (email@example.com)
|BILLING AND CONFIRMATION: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the payment due date for Spring 2006?
Bill payment must be received by January 5, 2006. This payment must either be the full charge for the semester, or at least the minimum amount due shown on your bill.
Do I have to confirm my enrollment?
Yes, but ONLY:
• When estimated financial aid covers your entire balance AND the minimum amount due is $0, or.
• You are a teaching assistant or research assistant receiving tuition remission.
Otherwise, if you either pay your bill in full or pay at least the minimum amount due, you do not have to confirm your classes. Your payment automatically confirms your enrollment at Temple.
How do I confirm my enrollment?
You can confirm enrollment three ways:
• On-line at www.owlnet.temple.edu
• Telephoning Student Financial Services at 215-204-2244
• In person at Student Financial Services, Carnell Hall ground floor
I am a teaching assistant or research assistant. Will my classes be cancelled if my tuition remission documentation isn’t submitted by the due date?
Yes, your classes will be cancelled if the signed tuition remission form and copy of your award letter are not submitted to the Bursar’s Office (First Floor, Carnell Hall) by the bill payment due date of January 5, 2006. Please obtain the necessary signatures and submit the form and letter as early as possible to avoid cancellation.
Can I still use TEPP, the Temple Easy Payment Plan? Has it changed?
Yes, you can still use TEPP.
• If you pay the minimum amount due by the deadline, you automatically will be enrolled in the Temple Easy Payment Plan (TEPP).
• Beginning with the Spring 2006 semester, TEPP will provide for a maximum of three payment installments instead of four. The first payment will be due on January 5, 2006.
If I register late, will I receive a paper bill?
No. If you register after January 1, 2006, your charges will be on OWLnet immediately after you register.
• To see your charges on OWLnet, click on the Financial Services tab, then click the Account by Semester button.
• Select the current semester (Spring 2006) to see your charges.
• The charges must be paid within 5 calendar days of your registration.
• You may pay the bill in full or automatically enroll in TEPP by paying one third of the total charges not covered by estimated financial aid.
Why won’t I receive a paper bill if I register after January 1?
Because there is insufficient time to create and mail a bill and insure that you have sufficient time to review and pay your bill by the due date.
Where do I find my estimated financial aid?
On OWLnet, click on the Financial Aid tab, then click the Financial Aid by Semester button to see your latest financial aid status.
If my enrollment is cancelled, can I get my classes back?
If your enrollment is cancelled you must re-register. There is no guarantee that your previous class schedule will be available.
Is there a fee for late registration or to re-register if my enrollment is cancelled?
The fee for late registration is $50. Re-enrollment after the registration deadline date of January 16 is considered a late registration. Therefore, the last day to register for Spring 2006 without penalty is January 16.
What is the fee for late payment?
A $50 late payment fee is assessed after the third installment is due under TEPP. The late payment fee will be assessed on March 15 on unpaid balances.
Can I defer payment into a future semester?
No. If you have an unpaid balance after March 14, you will not be eligible to participate in priority registration for the Summer or Fall semesters until your balance is paid.