Discounted Microsoft software available for students
Students can save up to 60 percent off regular academic prices on the following Microsoft products:
• MS Office 2003 Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and Outlook 2003)
• MS Office 2003 Standard (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 2003)
• MS Office 2004 for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage and Messenger)
• MS Windows XP
Temple and Journey Education Marketing Co. have joined together to make these special prices available to all Temple students. The software is available through online purchases only. For purchases, please visit www.campusestore.com/microsoft. Students will be required to provide proof of enrollment at Temple via an electronic verification form. All major credit cards are accepted.
Enhancements to OWLnet
Several enhancements were made to OWLnet to significantly improve the interactive experience for undergraduate students:
• The DARS report has been enhanced: To make it more easily readable, the different sections of the document are separated by bars of color. The document is initially presented with a high-level display of degree requirements and a quick indication of whether they have been satisfied. Students can click on a degree requirement link to view the details, presented in color, of which sub-requirements have been satisfied and which have not. The quality points or deficiency points, and the number of course withdrawals (from fall 2003 to the present) are prominently displayed. Students can click a link to see a comprehensive and printer-friendly version of the DARS report.
• While registering for a class on OWLnet, students will be presented with a window showing them specific prerequisite and/or co-requisite details and instructing them to cease registering for the course if they have not met the prerequisite/co-requisite requirements. By providing students with this information during the registration process, students will be fully informed and more likely to make appropriate course choices.
• Information applicable to all undergraduate courses offered by a department will now display on the OWLnet “Find a Course” page prior to the list of courses. This will easily enable students interested in registering for courses to readily view information that an academic department considers particularly important.
• Graduate students in the School of Medicine can now use OWLnet to register for classes.
Add your phone numbers to the ‘Do Not Call’ List
To prevent telemarketers from making calls to your home and/or cell phone, you can register your phone number on the Federal Trade Commission’s “Do Not Call” list by calling
1-888-382-1222 or online at www.donotcall.gov.