Temple Times Online Edition
.
    SEPTEMBER 22, 2005
 
NewsEventsArchivesPhotosStaffLinksTemple Home
 

Prizes, food, Croce highlight kickoff

The University is holding its first-ever comprehensive faculty and staff campaign

“Together for Temple,” Temple’s first comprehensive faculty and staff campaign, will have an exciting kickoff on Sept. 28, when Pat Croce leads the University’s employees in an afternoon of fun, food and great prizes.

‘Together for Temple’
Who: All Temple faculty and staff
What: The faculty/staff campaign kickoff, featuring fun, food and prizes
When: Wednesday, Sept. 28,
at 4 p.m.
Where: The Liacouras Center

“Together for Temple” is a campaign that encourages Temple’s employees to give back to the University. The kickoff celebration will be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, in the Liacouras Center. All Temple employees — approximately 7,000 — are invited, and everyone who attends is eligible for the prizes.

Part of the fun at the kickoff event will come from the opportunity to walk away with great prizes such as round-trip air fares; a weekend at the Borgata in Atlantic City; tickets to Eagles, Sixers and Temple basketball games; cool gadgets like iPod minis or digital cameras; Diamond Dollars and free Temple parking; and Kimmel Center tickets or gift certificates to Philadelphia restaurants.

“We wanted to announce this campaign with a memorable event that will create excitement throughout the Temple community,” President David Adamany said. “The faculty and staff campaign kickoff is an opportunity to celebrate our success and learn more about the exciting advances in our future. It sends a message to alumni and friends that Temple’s people are taking the lead on behalf of the University’s future.”

Pumping up the excitement will be Croce, a Philadelphia icon and one of the nation’s most sought-after motivational speakers. Croce is part-owner of the Sixers basketball team and was most recently the host of his own daytime television show. His books include I Feel Great and You Will Too!, 110%, and Lead or Get Off the Pot!

“It might come as a surprise, but since 2002, Temple faculty and employees have given more than $3.5 million to the University,” added Stuart Sullivan, vice president for development and alumni affairs. “That commitment came from about 15 percent of the active and retired faculty and staff. Can you imagine how far we could go with the other 85 percent on board?”

For all the entertainment being planned as part of the kickoff, there is a serious mission for “Together for Temple,” Sullivan said.

“I’ve been very impressed with the commitment Temple faculty and staff bring to their jobs every day,” he explained. “It’s that dedication that has helped move Temple forward, and we’re counting on that same spirit to help us raise the dollars to build a better Temple in the future.”

Sullivan said that school spirit has already come from the 54 faculty and staff who have agreed to serve on the “Together for Temple” campaign committee. Leading the charge will be the campaign committee’s co-chairs: Richard Englert, deputy provost and dean of the University College; Alvin Greenspan, professor emeritus, College of Engineering; and Audrey Uknis, associate dean of admission for the School of Medicine.

The campaign will build on the generosity that has been shown by Temple employees in the past, Sullivan said.

Through “Together for Temple,” employees will be able to direct their gifts to support the part of the University they feel needs it most, like a specific college or school, a building project, athletic team or a student organization.

More information on how faculty and staff can make their commitments will be available at the kickoff or on the Web, at www.fscampaign.temple.edu.

Parking for the event is available in the Liacouras Center parking garage. Temple parking tags from any campus will be honored for the event at the garage. Shuttles from the Health Services Center will also run for the event.

- By Ray Betzner

 

 


NEWS
 
EVENTS  | ARCHIVES  |  PHOTOS  |  STAFF  |  LINKS  |  TEMPLE HOME

© 2005 TEMPLE UNIVERSITY