Enrollment verification letters now available in OWLnet
Students can now request an enrollment verification letter using the OWLnet Web site. Students typically use these letters to verify their enrollment with financial institutions and health insurance providers. This enhancement replaces a manual process with an entirely electronic process that students can perform independently. Previously, Academic Records personnel would manually read each mail request, generate the enrollment verification letter and mail it.
Students can enroll for health insurance using OWLnet
Students can now enroll for health insurance for themselves and their dependents through the OWLnet Web site. At the time of plan selection, a student can see the cost of the plan he or she chooses. The appropriate assessment is then calculated and automatically added to the student’s bill. Detailed information about health insurance options and costs appear on the Department of Human Resources Web site (www.temple.edu/hr).
Financial aid award letters now online, no longer mailed
Student Financial Services now notifies students when their financial aid is available by sending an e-mail to their @temple.edu e-mail accounts. Students can then view and print their financial aid award letters from the OWLnet Web site by clicking on the “Financial Aid” tab.
SFS encourages students to use this feature to share information with parents or third parties. With the new online feature, the financial aid award letter will no longer be automatically mailed to students.
To request that a letter be mailed, notify SFS (firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-2244) and allow five business days for processing.
Discounted Microsoft software available to Temple students
Temple University students can now save to 60 percent off the regular academic prices on the following Microsoft products:
• Microsoft Office 2003 Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher and Outlook 2003)
• Microsoft Office 2003 Standard (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook 2003)
• Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage and Messenger)
• Microsoft Windows XP operating system
Temple University and Journey Education Marketing Co. have joined to make these special prices available to all Temple students.
The software is available through online purchase only. For purchases, visit www.campusestore. com/microsoft. Students will be required to provide proof of enrollment at Temple via an electronic verification form. All major credit cards are accepted.
To launch this software savings program, JourneyEd and Microsoft are setting up a booth at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore in the lower level of the Student Center at 10 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday, Aug. 31 and Sept. 1. The vendors will be on hand to answer any questions and provide students with the ability to place their software orders on the spot.
Federal Perkins Loans notices now on e-mail, new Web site
Student Financial Services will now notify students to accept their Federal Perkins loans by sending an e-mail to their @temple.edu e-mail accounts. The e-mail message directs students to a secure Web site where students log in using their AccessNet user names and passwords.
This Web site enables students to view, print and electronically sign their promissory notes. These transactions have been forwarded directly to PHEAA and will be completely processed without any intervention from SFS, saving many hours of work.
MyHousing Web site improved to include more useful options
The MyHousing Web site has the following new enhancements:
• Returning and newly admitted students can now make housing deposits electronically via Temple’s QuickPay system.
• Students can log in using their AccessNet user names and passwords from within the TUportal Web site or directly at myhousing.temple.edu.
• Graduate students can select “room type” as a preference for fall and spring semesters and can select family members as roommates in University apartments.
• The Confirmation Summary Page has been condensed and is now easier to read. Students can use this page to view and modify their application preferences.