Temple to honor outstanding faculty
On Thursday, April 14, Temple will honor nine outstanding educators and researchers at its 2005 Faculty Awards Convocation.
Great Teachers, Lindback Foundation, and Research and Creative Achievement award winners will be presented.
Three outstanding faculty members will be named Great Teachers, an award that carries a stipend of $15,000; Great Teachers also receive a commemorative sculpture created by professor Stanley Lechtzin of the Tyler School of Art, and their names are engraved in the wall of Founder’s Garden.
• Thomas Fekete, School of Medicine, medicine department, section of infectious diseases
• Marsha Weinraub, College of Liberal Arts, psychology department
• David Zitarelli, College of Science and Technology, math department
Lindback Foundation Award winners:
• Carolyn Kitch, School of Communication and Theater, journalism department
• James Ryan, School of Medicine, physiology department
Faculty Research and Creative Achievement Award winners:
• Lee-Yuan Liu-Chen, School of Medicine, pharmacology department
• Alan Harler, Boyer College of Music and Dance choral music department
• Richard Heimberg, College of Liberal Arts, psychology department
• Kamel Khalili, College of Science and Technology, biology department
WHAT: Convocation for Temple University’s Great Teachers, Faculty Research and Creative Achievement Award recipients, and Lindback Foundation Award recipients.
WHEN: Thursday, April 14, at noon
WHERE: Mitten Hall, Great Court