Temple University welcomes students from other colleges and universities who wish to enroll in courses on any of our campuses. Students who are not currently enrolled at another institution may also register for some courses as non-matriculated (non-degree) students.
Visiting Student Requirements
- 1. Students should submit a permission form from their home institution, listing the specific Temple courses that have been approved for transfer.
- 2. An official or unofficial transcript copy is also required.
- 3. If the courses have prerequisites, students must provide proof of having taken and passed them. Some courses may also require special authorization from instructors or departments at Temple.
Non-degree Student Requirements
- 1. To enroll in undergraduate courses, students must have earned a high school diploma or a G.E.D. certificate.
- 2. Students who have attended another college or university must provide a transcript of their previous academic work and must have earned at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point-average.
Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee enrollment as a non-matriculated student.
Visiting and Non-degree Registration
Visiting and non-degree students must register through one of the Office of Continuing Studies listed below.
For more information and to speak with an academic advisor, please contact the Office of Continuing Studies at 215-204-2500 or the office of the campus you wish to attend. More information about how to register as a Continuing Studies Student.
Please be aware that your registration request cannot be processed until Temple University has received written permission/approval from your current institutional advisor or dean.
1. Main Campus and Ambler Campus
Fax the forms below to:
(215) 204-2516 for Main Campus
(267) 468-8255 for Ambler Campus
- Statistical Record Form (all non-matriculated and visiting students)
- Visiting Student Registration Form (visiting students only)
- Official or Unofficial College Transcript (all non-matriculated and visiting students)
- Evidence of a high school diploma/GED (non-degree students only)
2. Center City Campus
Center City Registration Forms and Information or call (215) 204-4358
Credit Transfer to Your Home Institution
In order to facilitate the transfer of summer session credits, students should request that an academic transcript be sent from Temple University to their home school or college. Request a Temple University transcript
For further information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 215-204-1131.
SUMMER SESSION I
Monday, May 19 - Monday, June 30
SUMMER SESSION II
Monday, July 7 - Saturday, August 16