Copyright © , Temple University. All rights reserved.
When are applications due?
Applications will be accepted until May 1 2016, but the program may fill up before then. Apply early!
Where do I apply?
Applications are completed online. Visit the Apply page to learn about documents you may need during the application process and to apply today.
Who is eligible to enroll in the Summer Owls Leadership Experience?
Temple welcomes academically talented and motivated rising high school junior and senior students to the program. Minimum GPA requirement is 3.0.
Is this only a residential program?
This program is not limited to residential candidates. Students who prefer to commute on a daily basis can still opt into joining weekend activities with their peers.
What is the extent of supervision participants will receive?
Students will spend their days with other program participants. In most cases, they will be part of a group overseen by college-student mentors and residence-hall staff outside the classroom. During classroom breaks and other non-group times, a buddy system will be implemented.
Are participants allowed to commute to campus?
We welcome all students willing to dedicate part of their summer to getting a head start on their college experience. Non residential options are available. Commuter students also have the option of joining their peers on the weekend activities.
What is the cost to attend?Three Weeks Program / For Credit courses
- Residential - $3,995 (includes lodging, meals, weekday field trips, and supervised weekend activities)
- Non-Residential - $2,495 (includes lunch, weekday field trips and supervised weekend activities)
- Non-Residential - $1,795 (includes lunch, weekday field trips, with no weekend activities)
- Residential - $1,500 (includes lodging, meals, field trips, and supervised weekend activities)
- Non-Residential - $750 (includes lunch, weekday field trips, with no weekend activities)
How can I find out more about campus safety?
Learn more about campus safety at Campus Safety Services »
We invite students, parents and guidance counselors to join an information session to learn more about summer programs offered for high school students.