Membership with Ascend
Benefits of Joining
Networking Opportunities: This year in Ascend we are trying to create as many networking opportunities as possible for members. We strive to do this through:
- Weekly Friday meetings with local firms and speakers
- Off-campus meetings/Social Events
- Bowling events
- Ascend National Convention
- Bake Sales
- Volunteer/Community Service Opportunities
To be a member of Ascend, there is no candidate process necessary. Students are currently required to pay $25 in annual dues. Ascend is striving to continuously improve itself, so please fill out the membership form below.
- $25 goes to the National Ascend Chapter
- To be a member, you must have dues paid and receipts printed and submitted to the Treasurer Angelina Saputri.
- Access the Membership Form
How to Join
- Register at www.ascendleadership.org
- Click upper right hand corner and click register
- Must register with Temple email address
- Those with Tua, tub, tuc12345 addresses please change it! You can do so by logging into TuPortal and clicking the Cherry and White Pages link on the right-hand side bar.
- Update your alias to something simple and professional, usually your name, Example:
Before: John Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
After: John Smith email@example.com
- Credit cards only
- Print Invoice through link provided after your payment is processed.
- Please take a screenshot of your payment, do not directly print through print button.
It will not give me a proper paid watermark stamp if you do.
- To print screen through PC's press "PRINT SCREEN" button in upper right hand side of keyboard. Open Word document and right click paste and print. Macs: press and hold: "shift+apple+3". Image will be on desktop for you to click and print. Must turn this receipt in with membership form.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Ascend's Point System
At Ascend, we have a points system to incentivize and reward active members. The member with the highest number of points at the end of each semester will be awarded "The Most Active Ascend Member" Award. The winner will gain chapter-wide recognition and will be listed on our website.
Meeting: 15 points/session
- Community service: 25 points/session
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Certification: 50 points
- Networking event: 25 points/session
- Bake sales:
10 points/1hour slot
10 points/ donation
- Recruiting: 20 points/ new member
- Office Tour: 15 points/tour