General Facility Regulations
- Water in closed, resealable plastic containers is allowed. All other drinks, and glass containers are confined to designated lounge areas. Outside food is not permitted inside the facilities. Smoking, tobacco, and gum are prohibited.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct and the use of profanity is prohibited.
- All cardio machines have a 30 minute time limit.
- Appropriate shoes, socks, and attire are required in activity areas. Non-marking athletic shoes are required in basketball courts, dance studio and racquetball courts. Closed-toe athletic shoes and shirts are required in all fitness areas. Jeans, pants with belts, and cutoff jeans are prohibited in workout areas.
- The SFC Recreation Center reserves the right to search individual's bags for equipment, towels, or other Recreation Center property.
- Cell phones and camera phones are discouraged in activity areas.
- Members and guests may not provide personal training services, nutritional products, or other goods and services on the premises.
- Lost and found items are turned into the Gym Desk Staff or Security Guard at the front entrance. All items are logged and tagged with the date. Items not claimed after 30 days will then be donated to charity.
- Activity areas close 15 minutes prior to the posted facility closure.
- Additional rules and regulations are posted in each activity space.
- The SFC Recreation Center reserves the right to remove individuals from recreation facilities and to revoke membership based on that individual's actions.
Day & Coin-Operated Lockers
Day lockers are located in the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms. These lockers are intended to be secured with a personal lock. The SFC Recreation Center advises all members that placing items in a locker without properly securing the locker is not permitted. Contents must be removed daily!
Gym bags, backpacks, etc., are not permitted in studios, fitness centers, hallways, or gymnasium. Personal belongings should be secured in lockers. The SFC Recreation Center is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
Coin-operated lockers are available in the stairwell adjacent to the gym desk. Coin-operated lockers require a quarter deposit for use, and upon return of the key, the quarter is returned to the user. Contents must be removed from coin-operated lockers before the close of business that day.
Equipment is available for daily checkout at the front gym desk. Late and damage fees will be assessed as appropriate. For details, call the Gym Desk at (215) 707-3816.
Cardio Equipment Reservations
Cardio equipment must be reserved in order to be used. Reservations can be made up to one-hour in advance, and must be reserved in person at the gym desk. Your machine will be held for five minutes after your reservation time. If you still have not arrived your reservation will be forfeited.
Racquetball Room Reservations
Reservations are taken Monday - Friday, 7am-7:15pm, by phone at 215-707-3816. Reservations are taken no earlier than one day in advance. Reservations are one hour in length and are forfeited after ten minutes. One reservation per day, per person. Courts without reservations are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Guest passes are issued as a membership privilege. An individual with a valid Temple ID or Alumni card may sponsor up to two guests per day. The cost of a guest pass is $5. Sponsors must accompany their guest(s) at all times during their visit. The sponsor will be held responsible for actions or behavior associated with their guest. Solicitations of sponsors is a violation of this privilege. Passes may not be purchased for reasons of personal training or instruction. NO ONE UNDER 18 ALLOWED.
A valid Temple ID or Alumni card must be presented to enter any recreational facility. NOTE: Giving your ID/membership card to another, so that person may gain unauthorized access to a recreational facility, is prohibited. The ID will be confiscated and recreation privileges may be suspended.
Forgotten ID Policy
Patrons who forget or lose their ID will not be allowed access to facilities or programs. However, individuals have the following options:
- Return with a valid Temple ID or Alumni Card.
- Be sponsored by another eligible user and pay the $5 Guest Pass Fee.
Youth & Children Policies
NO ONE UNDER 18 ALLOWED.