Registration Instructions for Transfer Advising Sessions
Accessing the Orientation Registration System
The directions to access the Orientation Registration System will be sent to your TUmail email account 2 to 3 business days AFTER completion of all placement testing and New Student Questionnaire (NSQ). A register for orientation link will also appear in your TUPortal, in the Next Steps channel. Please visit the 'Before you Register' page for information and requirements that must be completed in order to receive the registration email.
Understanding the Orientation Registration System
The Orientation Registration System lists a large number of orientation sessions for Freshmen and Transfer students, Main and Ambler Campuses, and specific populations of students (Athletes, Honors Program, Russell Conwell Center). Please use the guidelines below to locate the session you should register for:
1. You must know your the name of the school/college to which you have been admitted. This information was provided on your admissions acceptance letter.
- View the list of schools and colleges at Temple University. This list includes the majors within each school and college.
- What do I do if I want to change my school or college and/or program (major)?
2. Transfer students should register for a session titled 'Transfer [schoo/college] Advising Session'. Ambler Campus Transfer students should register for a session titled 'Ambler Campus Transfer [school/college] Advising Session'. Examples:
3. When you locate the Transfer Advising session with your school or college, the available session dates for that school or college will be listed together. Most schools and colleges will have 2-8 session dates available for students to select from.
- A Main Campus Transfer Psychology major should register for 'Transfer Liberal Arts Advising Session [date]'
- A Main Campus Transfer Biology major should register for a 'Transfer Science and Technology Advising Session [date]'.
- An Ambler Campus Business major should register for a 'Ambler Campus Transfer Business Advising Session [date]
- If a session date you want to attend is not listed it is full or closed, and we will not be adding additional students to that session
- As earlier sessions fill up, we will open more sessions occurring later in the summer months
- If you cannot attend any of the session dates for your school or college, please call the Office of Orientation and we may be able to provide you with additional session dates you can attend later in the summer months
- International students should register for the session titled International Students 2-Day Orientation - August 14-15. International students must also register for International Student Week (August TBD) at www.temple.edu/isss.
- Far out of town students (who cannot fly to Philadelphia during the summer), should call the Office of Orientation to be registered for a late August Advising Session date
4. Once you have located the session you would like to register for, click on the box to the left of the session (a check mark will appear in the box). Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Register'. If you registered correctly, under Status you will see 'Registered Web on [date]'.
5. If you receive one of the following error messages, you have tried to register for a session you cannot attend:
Error: Reason: You are asked for an "Alternate PIN Verification" You have not fully completed all of your requirements to schedule an orientation session. Please refer to the 'Before you Register' link and make sure you have completed any required Placement Tests, NSQ, and the Online Transfer Orientation Program. The Alternate PIN will be removed when you have completed the requirements. Error says "campus restriction" You are trying to register for a session not on your admitted campus. Please contact Orientation to look up your admitted campus, or contact Admissions if you would like your admitted campus changed. Error says "cohort restriction" or (CHRT) You are registering for the wrong status (Freshmen or Transfer). Or you are an Athlete, Honors student, or Russell Conwell Center student and must register for those specific sessions (not a session by your school or college). Error says "you do not meet the prerequisites for this course" You are trying to register for a session that is not your correct admitted school or college. Please check your Admissions acceptance letter for your admitted school or college. Error says "Duplicate course with section ###. Please select alternate course." You are already registered for an orientation session and cannot register for more than one orientation session. See #7 if you need to change or reschedule your orientation session.
6. Once you have registered for a Transfer Advising Session you cannot change your session date in TUPortal.
- If you need to change your Transfer Advising Session, please call the Office of Orientation and a staff member will change your date for you. You cannot change your session online in TUPortal.
- If you missed your scheduled Transfer Advising Session, please call the Office of Orientation to reschedule. You cannot reschedule your session online in TUPortal.
Call the Office of Orientation at 215-204-8531 (8:30am-4:45pm, Mondays-Fridays). Or email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, TUID number, and your school or college and program (major) in the email.