Become an Owl Team Leader
The Owl Team Leader application for summer 2015 is now available. Interested in becoming an Owl Team Leader - watch this video! Please click on the link below to access and print the application.
Returning Owl Team Leader Application - Summer 2015 (this application is for students who have previously been an Owl Team Leader and wish to apply again)
Owl Team Leader applications are due by 5:00pm on Monday, January 26, 2015. Please return your completed application and all materials in hard copy format to: Office of Orientation, Howard Gittis Student Center, Suite 318.
Owl Team Leader Position Description
- Guide and welcome students and parents to campus
- Engage students and parents in all aspects of the orientation program
- Serve as a positive role model and representative of Temple University
- Facilitate small group discussions and icebreakers/teambuilders
- Introduce students and parents to the services, programs, resources, and opportunities available at Temple University
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- Assist with all aspects of the summer orientation program, including check in and check out, campus tours, meals, presentations, small group activities, evening activities, crisis response, advising/course registration, and other tasks as assigned.
- Live in assigned Residence Hall during overnight orientation sessions
- Adhere to the University's Student Code of Conduct and all national, state, and local laws throughout the duration of your employment
- Full time undergraduate enrollment at Temple University for Spring 2015 and Fall 2015 semesters
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and throughout the duration of your employment
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher at the time of application and throughout the duration of your employment
- Attendance at all Owl Team Spring and Summer trainings and meetings, all Summer 2015 Orientation Sessions (new student, parent, transfer) and Welcome Week events
Work Schedule and Terms of Employment:
Exact dates of owl team leader training, retreat, and meetings are subject to change. Exact dates will be provided to you during the interview process, prior to acceptance of the position. Attendance at all Owl Team Leader events is mandatory.
- Owl Team start up meeting: mid-April
- Move In and Training: early to mid June
- Overnight Retreat: mid-June (may be on the weekend)
- Orientation Sessions: June 22-August 21 (full time work Monday-Friday)
- Welcome Week: Last two weeks in August
Compensation and Benefits:
- Stipend of $3,200 (pre-tax)
- Housing in a University Residence Hall (worth ~$1,150)
- Summer meals and diamond dollars (worth ~$700)
- Owl Team Leader apparel and supplies
Please contact the Office of Orientation at email@example.com or call us at 215-204-8531 with any questions you might have about becoming an Owl Team Leader.