Become an Owl Team Leader
The Owl Team Leaders for the summer of 2015 have been chosen Summer 2016 applications will be available here in November.
Interested in becoming an Owl Team Leader - watch this video! Please click on the link below to access and print the application.
Owl Team Leader Position Description
- Guide and welcome students and parents to campus
- Engage students and parents in all aspects of the orientation program
- Serve as a positive role model and representative of Temple University
- Facilitate small group discussions and icebreakers/teambuilders
- Introduce students and parents to the services, programs, resources, and opportunities available at Temple University
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, administrators, and students
- Assist with all aspects of the summer orientation program, including check in and check out, campus tours, meals, presentations, small group activities, evening activities, crisis response, advising/course registration, and other tasks as assigned.
- Live in assigned Residence Hall during overnight orientation sessions
- Adhere to the University's Student Code of Conduct and all national, state, and local laws throughout the duration of your employment
- Full time undergraduate enrollment at Temple University during the semesters before and after Owl Team
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and throughout the duration of your employment
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher at the time of application and throughout the duration of your employment
- Attendance at all Owl Team Spring and Summer trainings and meetings, all Summer Orientation Sessions (new student, parent, transfer) and Welcome Week events
Work Schedule and Terms of Employment:
Exact dates of owl team leader training, retreat, and meetings are subject to change. Exact dates will be provided to you during the interview process, prior to acceptance of the position. Attendance at all Owl Team Leader events is mandatory.
- Owl Team start up meeting: Mid-April
- Move In and Training: Early to Mid June
- Overnight Weekend Retreat: Mid-June
- Orientation Sessions: Late June-Welcome Week (10 New Student Orientation sessions)
- Welcome Week: Last two weeks in August
Compensation and Benefits:
- Stipend of $3,200 (pre-tax)
- Housing in a University Residence Hall (worth ~$1,150)
- Summer Diamond Dollars stipend and meals (worth ~$700)
- Owl Team Leader apparel and supplies
Please contact the Office of Orientation at email@example.com or call us at 215-204-8531 with any questions you might have about becoming an Owl Team Leader.